Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brown Rice Squares

I was a cookaholic today! I baked the goldfish crackers, but what I was really in search of was a granola type bar. Along with the top 8 and corn, we also cannot have oats. Which makes it that much harder to find recipes for decent granola bars.

I found one that kind of fit what I wanted. It was close, but not perfect. So here it is; perfected.

3 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I used Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps, but Erewhon makes a good one
as well)
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup sun butter(or whatever butter you can use. If using peanut butter, I suggest starting with 1/4 cup brown rice syrup and adjust to taste)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup assorted dried fruit
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

In pot, melt together syrup, sun butter,vanilla and cinnamon.

Take off heat and add crispy rice cereal. Coat well. Add dried fruit and a handful of chocolate chips.

Pour into greased glass baking dish. I used an 8x8. Pat down and sprinkle rest of chocolate chips on top. You can use more. I'm just not a huge sweets fan.

Put in microwave for 45 seconds or so and spread melted chocolate evenly on top.

Refrigerate till cool. Cut into squares or rectangles. Wrap individually. Keep in fridge or on counter if your house isn't hot.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment