Friday, May 25, 2012

Meat Sticks

When I make up a recipe, sometimes I get upset. It doesn't always turn out. But I've learned...when I try something new, ALWAYS have a backup meal!!!

This time though, I found something worth posting!!!! I found a recipe like it in a magazine. It called for veal, corn flakes, eggs, breadcrumbs oh my! I had no veal and the rest was out. I changed the recipe so much, I can't even say I "tweaked" the original.

This is what I did. This will make about 6 meat sticks.

3/4 pound ground pork
1/2 cup Erewhon crispy brown rice
2 TBS ketchup
2 TBS onion flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

Crumble cereal and combine ingredients. Form onto popsicle sticks. Meat should be about 3 inches long.

For the crust, dip meat on stick in milk substitute. I used hemp milk. Then dip into crumbled rice cereal.

Heat pan with oil. Fry meat on sticks on all sides till lightly brown. Wrap meat in foil (including stick) and bake on 375 till inside is 170 degrees. This can take 10-20 minutes.

These are great by themselves or dipped in ketchup.

As an camping alternative:

Form meat on long sticks and cook over camp fire wrapped in foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment