Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beef BBQ



                Here’s a quick and easy weekday meal.  Growing up in Lancaster County, PA, we called this beef bbq.  I later found out the rest of the country calls it sloppy joes.  I, of course, had to work with the recipe to make it allergy friendly.  

BBQ Beef
1 pound ground beef (or turkey if you’d like)
1 cup ketchup (we use O Organics)
1-2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS apple cider vinegar

I precook my beef.  I buy a big package of it at Costco.  When I get home, I set aside about 1/3 of it and package it.  The rest I cook.  Then let it cool and separate and freeze.  When you need beef for this recipe, taco bake, tacos, chili, etc, just take out the bag and throw all ingredients in.  It thaws quickly right there on the stovetop.
Whisk together last 3 ingredients and adjust to taste if you need to.  Put ground beef in pan and either cook it or thaw out the frozen precooked package.  Pour ketchup mixture over it and warm through.

 
Here I made beef bbq sandwiches on my gluten free flat bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment